Q: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR YOU TO DO FLORALS FOR MY BIRTHDAY/WEDDING/BABY SHOWER/ ANY OTHER OCCASION?
A: Our custom florals minimum is $3,500. This means that for us to design floral centerpieces, installations on archways or hanging florals in other areas; for us to deliver, set up and install, the minimum budget we can work with is $3,500.
If your event budget for florals is less than $3,500, you can select items from our a la carte menu.
PLEASE NOTE: We require a signed service agreement to begin the process and 50% down payment to retain our services and your selected date. We offer a complimentary in-person initial consultation (1 hr), at which we require potential clients to sign a service agreement. The agreement is an understanding between you and our floral design team, which outlines the design process and our rates for services. We also offer a second hour's worth of complimentary consultation via email. The down payment of at least 50% of our custom florals minimum is due when we issue our first quote, OR when we reach the end of our complimentary consultation period (2 hours, including the in-person consultation.) If, at the end of the complimentary consultation period, you are not sure if you'd like to retain our services for your event date, or not sure if you'd like to commit to us as your floral designer, an ongoing rate for design and additional consultation can be reserved at the rate $80/hr, paid in advance, in 3 hour increments. We will always make you aware when we are approaching the end of our billed time. If you retain our services, but not have used all of your pre-paid time, rounded up to the nearest half hour, we will roll the remaining balance into a discount on your quote. We cannot guarantee to hold the date of your event for you on our schedule until the down payment is made.
Q: Why do you have a "minimum" budget?
A: A floral minimum means that cumulatively, all the items you're requesting us to design and create reach a total of $3,500 or more for us to take you on as a client. This does not include delivery, set-up and disposal (which can be between 15-40% of total design cost). Design labor is built into the pricing that we quote you, and all quoted items are for flowers and design labor, which includes correspondence and consultation. Having a minimum ensures that we can devote an adequate amount of time to all of our clients, without taking on so many clients that we can't adequately be of reasonable service to them.
Q: DO YOU GUYS OFFER PRIVATE WORKSHOPS?
A: Absolutely! Our event minimum for private workshops start at $500. All of the workshops on our website can be hosted privately, OR we can come up with a completely custom design and workshop specific for your event! Please contact us for private workshop inquiries.
Q: DO YOU OFFER PRIVATE FLOWER BARS?
A: Absolutely! We offer two types: DIY and accompanied by a floral designer.
DIY Flower Bar: We offer pre-designed packages on our events and weddings page. These packages are pre-designed and start at $300. You can select a theme and we will set it up, but they do not come with a floral designer or allow for customizations. Custom DIY flower bars start at $500, and a flower designer will work with you to design your ideal flower bar. There will not be a floral designer on site to guide your guests in making their bouquets. If you'd like a quote on a custom flower bar please contact us on our event message form.
Flower bar accompanied by a floral designer are custom flower bars that also include an on-site floral designer to help design bouquets on-site with your guests. The custom flower bars start at $1000. If you are interested in a custom flower bar accompanied by a floral designer, please contact us via our event form.
Q: CAN I RENT THE TRUCK FOR A SPECIAL EVENT?
A: truck rental include a flower bar of your choice, and special event minimums start between $1,000-3,000, depending on location, date and time, flowers and staff required at the event! Please contact us for truck rental inquiries!
Q: I WOULD LIKE TO DIY MY EVENT FLORALS, CAN I PURCHASE FLOWERS FROM YOU IN BULK?
A: Absolutely! We just need a few things from you before you contact us:
- Decide on the floral arrangements that you'd like. This might seem silly, but what drives up the cost of custom florals is customers asking us to design them. Our design rate is $80/hr, and that is for the correspondence needed to understand your event type and needs, and the time needed to research inspiration and put together design ideas and proposals, and then the resulting work needed to finalize a design, before we ever put our hands on the flowers. Just like a lawyer or any other professional, services are not free. If you don't want to hire us to come up with the design, that's OK! We just need you to come up with 2-3 designs you'd like to create. This also includes the vases or vessels you'll be using. Depending on availability and pricing, we can help you choose the one design that is right for your event from those options.
- Decide the quantities. If you're making centerpieces or bouquets or other designs, figure out how many of each you'll need. You don't have to know the stem count, but knowing the size of the design (step 1) and how many of each design you need will help us figure out how many stems to quote you for.
- Figure out your budget. How much would you like to spend per item? Typical flower costs are $2-6 per stem, depending on the requested bloom. Greenery and filler are usually $1-2 per stem. What is your overall budget?
- Contact us as early as possible! At least 2 weeks in advance in order to ensure we can get the right flowers. We suggest starting your order 30 days in advance.
- Be flexible and open to suggestion: sometimes it's not possible to get exact flower and color options. Some flowers are seasonal, and some crops come in from farms below our standards of quality, and we may have to substitute them with other flowers.
Once you have covered these 5 steps, simply contact us with the information and we will get your order moving along! Please note: that we do require a signed contract to begin the process and 50% down payment for all orders over $250 to retain our services (due when we issue our first quote, if the quote changes the remaining balance will reflect any changes. Once we begin to assist you in the design and ordering process, the down payment is non-refundable, even if you do not wish to proceed with your order), and all orders under $250 are due immediately at the time they are quoted. (any changes in quote will result in a second invoice)
Q: I HAVE A SMALL CUSTOM ORDER, BUT I REALLT WANT PICKED FLOWER CO TO DESIGN IT. DO I HAVE TO MEET THE $3,500 MINIMUM?
A: Special exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. If you really love our design style and you want us to create something for you, as long as you understand that you're valuing our design style above that of other florists, and respect our designs and time, and that we have other clients who need our time and expertise as well, then we will be glad to work with you! The 5 steps listed in the last question are a great guide to follow before requesting us to make an exception! We love clients who love us and our work!
Just remember: our regular design rate billed to clients is $80/hr, and that includes any time we spend working on your project; even if it's just answering questions or running quotes, or discussing it between our designers. If we accept your request to make a special exception, and time labor costs associated with your project increase beyond what is covered in the quoted price, we will begin billing at the rate of $80.00/hr, rounded up to the nearest half hour. Typically this only occurs when a client doesn't have a solid grasp on the design idea they would like, and ask us to come up with designs for them, or repeatedly asks for our input on their project, outside the scope of our floral design. The amount quoted depends on your project needs, and we will always let you know if we are getting close to reaching beyond the allotted time accounted for in the initial quote before we begin billing you at an hourly rate. This is to ensure that we can spend an adequate and representative amount of time with all of our clients.